Self Shine Color Dye CMY Colors
It is a water-based color dye specially formulated to dye or change the color of smooth leather, synthetic leather and canvas shoes and garments.
Available in three pure colors: cyan, magenta and yellow. Mixing these three colors and black and white you can get more of 2.000 pantone colors.
To get the pantone that you like visit our website:
Mixing these three colors and black and white you can get more than 2.000 pantone colors. With this mix you get a water-based color dye.
Suitable for leather, synthetic leather and canvas shoes and garments.
It repairs scuffs, scratches and other little defects.
High covering capacity. Its fiInish resists frictions and doesn’t get cracked. Optimal drying time is 12 hours.
- Fast drying.
- Self-shine finish.
- Box containing 25 ml / 0,85 fl.oz. bottle, paint brush, applicator sponge and instructions guide.
- The final result will be very natural. Leather will remain soft and flexible.
- The dye will never get cracked or peeled. In 12 hours, the dye will be totally solid and resistant to dry and wet frictions.
Product data sheet
Safety data sheet
How to use
Choose a Color:
In the following application there are more than 2,000 Pantone colors available, where you will obtain a result of the information on the quantities and mixtures that must be made of each dye to achieve the desired color.
Once the color has been chosen, put the indicated amount of each color the dossing cap and mix very well until a homogeneous texture and color is achieved.
Leather: Rub with a used green scrubbing fiber (e.g. Scotch Brite) or a cloth soaked in Tarrago Preparer**In case of using Color Dye single, apply Tarrago Conditioner, in order to remove any previous finish.
Synthetic leather: Apply Tarrago Conditioner with a soaked cloth over the surface.
Canvas: Wash the shoes with water and soap. Apply one or two coats of Color Dye before being totally dry, following the instructions to dye leather shoes.
Dyeing or restoring color:
Leather or synthetic leather:
1. Stir the dye container with the application brush until the color is completely homogeneous.
2. With the application brush semi-drained, apply a small amount of product to a sponge and paint the joint between sole and leather, sewn, scrapes, trim pieces, etc.
2.2. Place one or two coats of dye on one end of the sponge. Rub gently in a circular way over the entire area, adding another coat of product if necessary.
Repeat this process until the sponge is nearly dry. Without adding more dye, you can tap with the same sponge over the surface dyed to match the color, without attempting to cover transparencies.
Once dry the 1st layer, apply a second one following the same process to match the color. Apply a third coat if necessary.
3. Once finished dyeing, rinse the sponge and the brush with water to avoid them to dry out. Optimal drying time is 12 hours.
After have applied 2 or 3 layers of Self Shine Color Dye, you will check that the quantity used has been minimal, so the final result will be as a dye and not as paint. Leather will remain soft and flexible and the dye will never get cracked or peeled. In 12 hours, the color will be totally solid and resistant to dry and damp frictions.
Can the Tarrago Dye Self-shine be diluted with water?
We recommend using the Tarrago Self Shine Color Dye – Neutral Base for a better result.